Sweet Corn and Heirloom Tomatoes in August…you know you’re on Long Island! This past Saturday we enjoyed a night of wonderful food and wine with our local friends. It was truly an honor to be invited to participate in Harvest East End. The event raised money for the Peconic Land Trust, Group for the East End, and East End Hospice. Please enjoy!
Corn Infused Ricotta Cheese with Roasted Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes on a Multigrain Crostini with Micro Basil
Corn Infused Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Cups of Local Corn Kernels (approximately 5 ears shucked)
- 1/2 Cup of Calabro Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp of Local Wild flower Honey
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Puree corn in a blender until smooth. Strain puree and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Place in refrigerator to cool. Combine cooled puree with ricotta cheese, chopped parsley and honey. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Set aside in refrigerator.
Roasted Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Quart of Local Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cut tomatoes in half. Toss in olive oil.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet in convection oven at 400 degrees until soft (approximately 15 minutes). Allow to cool completely.
- Multigrain Crostini 1 Multigrain Baguette
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pinch of Salt
Slice baguette into ¼ inch slices. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil to lightly coat baguette slices. Sprinkle salt on slices. Toast in convection oven at 400 degrees until golden brown on both sides (approximately 5-8 minutes). Cool on wire rack.
Assemble by placing a teaspoon of corn infused ricotta cheese on crostini. Arrange three halves of roasted heirloom cherry tomatoes on ricotta cheese. Finish with 2 sprigs of micro basil.